- Building features across your cross functional focus team
- Actively contribute towards the committed evolution of our technology stack, to industry best practice
- Actively contribute towards the continuous improvement of developer toolsets and productivity
- Actively participate in your focus team during ideation and implementation phases
- Monitor and validate the hypothesis that drives the changes made by your focus team
- Contribute to a culture of automated testing
- Enjoy working with brilliant, fun people!
- BA, BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Software Engineering using Java and kotlin within Android
- Understanding of a combination of flavours of modern software development; Agile, BDD, TDD, CI, CD.
- Strong background in OO software Engineering – understanding of modern languages e.g. Functional programming is ideal.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer,
- 2+ Years of experience working with Android, shipping at least one ‘highly complex’ application.
- Participate in design and code reviews, encouraging best practices whenever possible
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Applied knowledge of OO software design patterns
- A plus if you are an active participant of open source projects
- Experience writing Unit/UI tests using JUnit, Mockito, Espresso