- Developing and building a scalable Data & Analytics platform
- Monitoring and managing the Data & Analytics team data infrastructure, with an emphasis on data integration
- Connect new data sources to the Data platform and relate them to existing data
- Provision data and services to 3rd parties or external environments upholding security and privacy of data
- Manage access and permissions to the Data & Analytics environment
- Meeting internal SLA's for delivery of data, and the integrity of data
- Collaborate with the Data & Analytics Platform Lead, to ensure the Data & Analytics architecture and processes meet the company's needs
- You will be part of a team of highly collaborative colleagues with a furious focus on delivering value to the company.
- Naturally, you’re an experienced Data & Analytics Admin who is as comfortable giving advice to software Senior Devs and DBA's on application database design, as writing ETL/ELT from beginning to end yourself.
- Experience with administering cutting edge data platforms used on management of a Data Lake and data warehouse
- Experience in ingesting data from sources such as API's and Logs as well as Flat files and DB's.
- Experience with API Client server Development (REST) particularly with API authentication, data ingestion, etc.
- Experience with administering both RDBMS and NOSQL within the same Data & Analytics environment
- Experience with using new big data tools in converting, processing and transforming different file formats (ie. csv, json, parquet, xml, etc.)
- Comfortable with using Python on data and analytics needs
- You will deploy and maintain scripts on Git repositories
- You’re a fast learner, passionate about technology and would thrive in a stimulating role working with a complex, constantly evolving environment.
- You have experience working with the AWS suite of Data & Analytics products.
- You stay up to date with new tech, and know of new Data & Analytics technologies before they hit the market Agile/SCRUM experience.
- You’ve worked with SCRUM/Agile methodologies delivering enterprise-level Data & Analytics projects. Excellent written skills.
- You know how to document technical database and backend architectural design requirements. Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- You can comfortably work with both business and IT people. You are curious, tenacious and use your initiative to get it done!
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Experience in TDD (test-driven development)
- Experience in Continuous integration is a plus (ie. Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD)
- Experience in OOP (object-oriented programming) is a plus
- Familiarity with using Apache Spark and Hadoop technologies is a plus