Job Purpose. Reporting responsibility for the Development, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Customer Management, Product, Project Management and Admin Teams. This role includes responsibility for driving a positive organisational culture, ensuring optimal productivity of all teams and working to align organisational processes towards best practice. The role also encompasses responsibility for the successful project management of business operations to ensure operational efficiencies and effective infrastructure management are in place to mitigate cost and risk.
- A tertiary degree in IT or Business Administration
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience of managing and leading teams in a technological environment
- Proven functional and operational leadership experience within a global organisation where the Head Office is offshore
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle where time, cost, quality and scope always compete
- Demonstrable record of successful delivery of a software application
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of delivering to a release plan
- Effective people skills demonstrated via successful leadership and management of large teams
- Experienced in planning, budget and resource management and people leadership and development.
- Experience of developing and executing operational plans
- Knowledge or airline operations desirable
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and work flexibly
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills,
- High energy and capacity for driving change
- Maintain a big picture project view whilst focusing on details
- Ability to translate functional strategy to country execution
- Knowledge of the local employment laws and regulations
- Ability to think critically with good analytical, technical and communication skills.
- Strong track record of attracting, retaining, and motivating top talent