The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the development and maintenance of commercial software product(s) to build reliable, testable, scalable and high-performing enterprise class solutions for our global Fortune 500 customers. The successful candidate must be able to create full stack components and features that are directly accessed by a user through a UI or API. You will also work with production support teams to triage priority issues.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of related development experience
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of software design principles such as SOLID, DI/IoC, CI, TDD
- Experience working with the full Microsoft technology stack, including .NET/C# ,SQL Server, ASP.NET, , MVC and Web API
- Experience with Multi-threaded applications and the Task Parallel Library
- RESTful Architecture experience
- Object Relation Mapping such as Entity Framework or nHibernate
- Experience with front-end libraries, AngularJS, Angular, and jQuery. Bootstrap is a plus.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenancy application development
- Experience with browser-based web applications delivered over the Internet that support user concurrency
- Experience working with large relational databases
- SQL development experience
- Experience using Agile Scrum software development life cycle
- Experience using source control management tools such as GIT
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking ability and proven analytical, methodical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing material
- Experience working for a national or global commercial software product company requiring software product usage and high availability in a 24/7/365 model.
- Experience working with globally distributed business stakeholders and engineering teams
- Experience working with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience working in a large, fast-paced project environment
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud enabled applications and how they differ from standard enterprise applications
- Strong work ethic is a must
- Proactive: Must be willing to seek out information and solutions that are pertinent to their responsibilities and key to their delivery
- Must be willing to remediate code written by others
- Team player attitude with a focus on the success of the team is a MUST
- Must be able to work in a structured development environment and follow coding standards and design patterns.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members (UX, Enterprise Architecture, Quality Assurance, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Information Security, regional teams) across global time zones with the upmost professionalism, tact and resolve