Data and insight will be the main driving force of how global businesses make decisions. The aim of this project is to develop quality consumer analytics and insights to transform the way the business responds to ongoing trends and feedback. The client is a world leader in making those changes happen and they have created an innovative approach of using key tools and skills through a developed organisational structure.
Our client from the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry is at the forefront when it comes to unlocking the power of analytics to create value and adopt changes to their strategy. Multiple curated data sources are investigated and key consumer insights are extracted to help the business make strategic decisions. They would like to focus their attention on the Philippines market and delve into data about local consumers to better understand trends, buzz & preferences to effectively improve sales and grow their market share.
About the role
The Social Data Analyst is responsible for the identification and sourcing of global data to support the analytics teams of our client. You will be required to understand vast data sets to inform how marketers should act and enhance their approach of engaging with consumers. You will be analytical, detail-oriented and possess the ability to articulate the value and potential use of data to both marketers and team members alike
You will also be expected to look at data across digital platforms to pull out meaningful and actionable insights. The job will require you to make sense of the data and perform the necessary steps to extract what is pertinent to the brief. You are skilled and excited to do data modelling, statistical analysis and pick up search & social analysis as part of your repertoire.
- Analyse data cross websites and social platforms, market research and internal business data to understand consumer insights and consumption behaviour
- Perform detailed analysis on trends & conduct base-level analysis on data extracted
- Discover the efficacy of brand campaigns as well as analyse crises or always-on campaigns as required
- Create impactful and detailed presentation decks to share relevant findings and recommendations
- Effective query building to derive relevant mentions using key Boolean operators
- Performs translations as required (Tagalog to English and vice-versa)
- 2-7 years of experience in market research or data/statistical modelling
- Advanced Excel skills including tools related to data extraction, manipulation and data visualisation
- Strong ability to manipulate and analyse large datasets
- Fluency in Tagalog and English (with strong ability to read and write)
- Strong analytical thinking skills and the aptitude to pick up new skills quickly
- Passion to develop skills in social and search data analysis
- Experience in corporate storytelling or the communication of complex information in a simplified way
- Experience working with marketing analytics tools like Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, Google AdWord etc
- Educational background in Statistics/Economics/Computer Science (Degree or equivalent)