Established in 1983 and privately held, our client is leading global brand that manufactures, markets, and designs innovative food and beverage container solutions. They also create private label products for select global retailers.
This is a new role largely driven by growth, but also a restructuring of the organization.
They have seen quite notable growth in the last 12/18mths, totaling 82 FTE’s in 2021, they are now approx. 202, and are aiming to grow the headcount to around 250 within 2023.
The main reason for the recent (not to mention projected) growth is the Consumer Support team which is largely linked to the fact the company provide a lifetime warranty with their products, and this element of the workforce is growing at a great pace.
The Consumer support function operate via voice and email channels, and from 2024 chat will become a feature. The vast majority of the other functions operate on a non-voice basis, primarily engaging with counterparts/functional stakeholders across the globe.
The Global Customer Contact Manager will lead/manage the customer contact center element of the business, which entails a headcount of approximately 145 as things stand today. The direct reports will total 5, those being 1 Senior Manager and 4 TL’s.
The role is responsible for the delivery of an elevated, best in class experience in a high- growth environment for their consumers. The role will lead a contact center operations team that serves as the backbone for a collection of sites located throughout the world.
The successful candidate will be an experienced coach and mentor who thrives on ensuring team members achieve individual and group success.
This role reports directly to the Manila based Site Director and will also have a dotted line to the Director of Global Customer Success (based in the US).
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading the contact center operations to achieve exceptional customer care and performance goals
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement the contact center strategy and
objectives.; work cross-functionally with the Sales, Marketing, IT, Implementation, Operations,
and Finance Departments to drive customer initiatives within the organization.
- Leverage analytics and facts to make operational decisions and drive new initiatives.
- Create and implement new solutions to engage with customers in a way that provides a
exceptional positive customer experience.
- Partner with a team of geographically distributed customer support teams.
- Oversee and train leads to ensure that all front-line personnel have required training and
resources to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Monitor systems reports and dashboards for case management impact; proactively make
adjustments as necessary.
- Drive additional initiatives that leverage our contact center as an engine for growth.
- Ensure the efficient running of support systems to maintain and enhance contact center operations.
- Work with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills, and ability to create and present compelling material to any level of employee in a setting (c-suite, decision makers, accounting POC, e-commerce POCs).
The ideal candidate will be a confident, polished, dynamic, data driven operational leader, passionate about their work, and the provision first class customer service. He/she will have a roll the sleeves up/get the hands dirty attitude/mindset. You will be a hands-on operational technician, driving the performance of your team, constantly looking to improve and innovate, always willing to go the extra mile for your client, whilst being an aspiring leader to your team.
Candidates need meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business or other applicable field of expertise
- At least 10 years industry experience managing call center/contact center operations
- Experience managing a headcount of at least 150 with multi-site responsibility
- Experience managing call center metrics, principles and practices
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships, preferably with a matrix reporting structure/set up, across multiple geographies
- Experience building highly functional, high performing cross functional teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels (incl c-suite and external clients) across multiple regions
- A flexible/hands on attitude/mindset, willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Experience managing an operational budget and/or P&L would be advantageous
- At ease with occasional work-related travel.
Additional Role information:
- Night shift (flexibility will be necessary to meet the global demands of the role/organisation) *
- Based in Cyberscape Alpha Building, Ortigas Center, Pasig **
- This is a new role (see comments above)
- Reporting to the Site Director
- Responsible for a total of 145 FTE’s, incl 5 direct reports
- There will be a minimum of 5 interviews in the recruitment process (at least 1 of which will be on a face-to-face basis).
* Whilst the role is a night shift (the vast majority of the staff work this shift), the fact is the organisaiton has stakeholders across the globe, hence the successful applicant will need to have a flexible approach and mindset in this regard, very much at ease attending to business related issues (e.g. meetings, calls etc) outside of core working hours. It should be noted however that said business related meetings, calls etc are always planned in advance and staff (including the person in this role) are encouraged to re-arrange their schedules accordingly to ensure a strong work/life balance, e.g. if you need to attend to a meeting outside of your standard working hours, you would be encouraged to revise your shift/working hours on another day (whether that be before or after said meeting).
FYI the vast majority of staff commence their shifts between 9pm and 12midnight Philippine time.
** The current working arrangement for the team in the Philippines involves 3 days working on site and 2 days virtual/WFH. Whilst this type of arrangement would also be applicable to this position, given the seniority of the role the expectation is that the successful candidate will spend the majority of their time on site for the initial 2 to 3 months whilst they get to know the company, build relationships with their colleagues etc, and thereafter they would need a flexible approach to working on/off site based on the needs of the business, though in essence the same working arrangements (3 on site, 2 off site) would be applicable to this position.