Curran Daly + Associates
- Overall charge/complete responsibility of the Project Managers to drive best results for the projects being developed and constructed.
- Manage a team of project management, development and construction professionals in the country by actively providing guidance, trouble shooting in case of any issues and ensure best relations with project stakeholders.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, different teams, escalating issues to management as and when required and actively implementing solutions to resolve issues.
- Continuously driving improvement of team's capabilities in relation to project management, official processes and procedures.
- Actively implementing and setting up processes in projects to ensure optimal results.
- Verifying fulfilment of Project Managers, R&O management, process and MIS reporting.
- Actively validating the internal process to onboard the projects into development stage to bring it to ready to build status and finally handover completed operational project to the Asset Management team.
- Commercial governance – project reviews, forecasting and resource management to ensure excellence in project delivery.
- Reviewing the project portfolio in the country and present status and KPI’s to the Steering Committee and the Leadership team.
- Support in the preparation of Energy tenders, bids and pre-qualification questionnaires, providing methodology, resource estimates and input to programmes.
- Provide the Project Management/Project Development interface during due diligence of projects, whether from the buy-side, sell-side or in financing situations, borrower-side.
- Seek out, identify and evaluate new RE investment opportunities generated by local developers using strong local network relationships.
- Maintain ongoing understanding of overall energy market and utility and regulatory environment and analyse the impacts of market and regulatory changes on future business.
- Develop network of professional relationships with regional & local developers and resources, as well as with relevant regulatory agencies and industry participants.
- Interaction with financial institutions and banks for fulfilling the condition's precedent related to disbursement of funds during the project execution phase.
- Review and provide inputs to term sheets and contracts, including agreements for development services, equipment supply, power purchase agreements (PPAs), leases, EPC contract and O&M agreements.
- Prepare project specific elements of internal approval papers for presentation to Board/Investment committee during development and construction stage of projects
- Degree or post graduate qualifications in Engineering, Commerce, Science, Project Management, Business Administration, or similar level technical or commercial training.
- Certified Project Management professionals will be preferred.
- Established and hands-on 15+ years of professional experience in managing multiple projects with key focus on energy project development, preferably in solar, onshore wind or other renewable energy.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading large teams in a professional project management environment.
- Strong network with local developers and EPC providers in the Philippines.
- Strong advocate of WHSE compliance and acts ethically with fairness, honesty and integrity.
- Good project management skills including ability to plan work, work to the plan, manage risks and issues and drive outcomes in the face of tight time frames and external pressures.
- Ability to manage technical and regulatory discussions with appropriate engineering, regulatory and legal experts and government agencies as well as managing input requirements from internal support functions such as engineering, procurement, legal and finance.
- Proactive, self-motivated and ambitious personality.
- Ability to work autonomously / independently to identify new project opportunities and develop existing opportunities.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and conversational English as well as ability to communicate with key stakeholders
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the Philippines as and when required.