Our client is a multi-national organization, headquartered out of the US, and are a global leader in the world of cashless payment technology, with more than 25 years of experience, operating across multiple countries across the globe.
The company leverages Agile development principles, development and design practices, and is obsessive over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight their customers.
They have an operation based in the Philippines which provides support to the US based headquarters across several areas, notably software development and technical support.
Curran Daly have been engaged as the exclusive recruitment partner to identify suitable candidates for the role.
A brief summary of the specifics as follows:
The position will be directly responsible for overseeing the software development process and managing the development team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the software is developed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
You will set and drive the team's strategy, manage department budgets and resources, and build/maintain relationships with all key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
The role will be responsible for researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs, testing and evaluating new programs, identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications, along with writing and implementing efficient code.
The ultimate aim of this position is to ensure the development and implementation of first-class software solutions, provided in both a cost effective and timely manner, e.g. rolling out new software functionality in the earliest time possible.
Candidates need meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- At least 10yrs of working experience, with deep understanding and notable expertise in the field of Software Development/QA
- Strong proficiency with cloud technologies micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions
- A minimum of 5yrs in a Senior Leadership role in the IT industry
- Excellent people leadership ability with passion for coaching, mentoring and driving software development teams (both technically and professionally) towards high performance, someone leads by example and inspires.
- Previous experience preparing and managing operational budgets
- Up to date with the latest development software and all technologies and trends therein, ensuring the continued teaching/mentoring of new technologies and design patterns to your team.
Additional Role information:
- Philippine Day shift ** (occasional flexibility will be necessary to meet the global demands of the role/company)
- Based in Metro Manila, Philippines *
- This is a new role
- Reporting to the Development Manager (based in the US)
- Responsible for 100 FTE’s
- There will be a minimum of 3 interviews in the recruitment process.
* The expectation is for staff to be on site 100% of the time, hence it is important that applicants are at ease with the prospect of spending time on site, and those with a preference for a virtual/work from home type arrangement will not be a suitable fit for this role.
** The Philippine support operation work on a standard Philippine day shift (Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm). There are however occasional conference calls for staff to connect with US stakeholders, thus staff are expected to be flexible in this respect, though their hours/shifts are duly offset to take their flexibility into account.
Given the seniority of this role, the level of flexibility required by the successful candidate in relation to the hours/shift they need to work will be greater given the fact discussions with US based stakeholders will be on a more regular basis, certainly during the first 2 to 3 months in the role.