- Support the end-to-end operational network infrastructure within client 24×7. Responsible for working through complex network issues escalated by Tier 2 or the Major incident team to ensure highly available network service that meets business objectives and SLAs.
- Restore service and complete root cause analysis of all incidents, driving actions to mitigate the root cause and remove risk of reoccurrence.
- Implement network changes to the environment in a controlled manner, with implementation and test plans.
- Implement new and improved processes, change processes. Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization, and industry best practices.
- Provide technical leadership during major incidents and drive to quick resolutions
- Coach team members on a proactive basis, raising the team’s overall technical acumen
- Work with service providers to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services
- Provide technical support to Audit & Compliance, Capacity Management, Lifecycle Management, Vulnerability Management, Risk Management. functions
- Working within an ITIL based Network Management framework that includes incident management, problem management, change management. release management, capacity management, BAU change, and network projects.
- Service monitoring for LAN, WAN management, an understanding of Cloud Managed Services and a keen interest in emerging technologies.
- Support the delivery of all Operational processes, policies, standards and procedures across client which includes documentation, training, audit, and improvements.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders, managing customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology strongly preferred, or relevant industry experience in related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT or Telecoms industry
- LAN and WAN management experience. Experience of Cisco Meraki would be an advantage.
- Experience of Network Operations Incident, Change & Problem Management principles
- Technical / professional qualifications: Cisco CCNA required, ITIL 4 Foundation, CCNP preferred
- Experience in working in collaborative environment
- Strong conceptual and creative skills.
- Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills for refining existing concepts or developing new approaches.
- Ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with stakeholders and peers is essential.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to work under pressure and to resolve issues effectively.