- Builds an understanding of domestic tax concepts and undertakes relevant study to develop or increase that knowledge.
- Demonstrates knowledge of domestic tax legislation, case law and other relevant regulations by analyzing, researching and applying knowledge consistently to all allocated work appropriate to level and grade.
- Prepares and reviews correct tax analyses and tax computations or returns relating to simple fact patterns and issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to use local research, software and technology tools to efficiently produce work that is technically accurate and comprehensive.
- Applies tax risk management tools and procedures consistently as appropriate to level and grade.
- Displays an awareness of potential planning opportunities associated with the local tax environment by identifying and escalating them as appropriate.
- Complies with all confidentiality and privacy policies of own firm and applicable regulatory authorities.
- Displays up to date technical knowledge by attending all mandatory tax training within deadlines set and applying this training to tax work where appropriate.
- Uses knowledge of tax to discuss key issues with clients, local revenue authorities and other team members, including how to assess conflicting, ambiguous or inconclusive authorities.
- Interprets and applies key tax sources in order to carry out and document the results of tax compliance and advisory work.
- Analyzes authorities and reaches conclusions relating to fact patterns and issues of moderate complexity.
- Applies knowledge of changing tax law, regulatory requirements and industry specific concerns to client engagements, identifies where they may impact a client and reflects these in their client work.
- Assesses the sufficiency and appropriateness of the analysis and conclusions reached on a tax issue by reviewing the working papers of junior staff and participating in the evaluation of issues raised with or by the manager and/or partner.
- Prepares complete, well-reasoned and reader-friendly technical tax analyses.
- Fresh law graduate, underbar or new members of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines are acceptable
- Member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- CPA-Lawyer is highly preferred but open to those without accounting background
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.